Summerville Presbyterian Church would like to express a warm and cordial welcome to all who are interested in our church. We have many opportunities for individuals and families to get involved and grow. Through worship, song, fellowship, education and missions, Summerville Presbyterian Church inspires all to use their unique gifts to serve God.
Our worship services and music programs help promote the spiritual growth of our membership and provide opportunities for our members to reach out to one another in God’s name through Word and song.
Combined Worship Services includes aspects of all of our worship services in a combined service allowing all our congregation to worship together during the summer and periodically during the year.
Our 8:45 AM traditional service includes a traditional order of worship as well as specialty music throughout the year. Specialty music may include:
- Children’s Choir – for grades Kindergarten through 5th grade. Children’s Choir performs a few times during the year at the 8:45 AM service and at Christmas and Easter.
- Jewel Tones – Our ladies’ choral ensemble generally sings about once a month.
- Bell Choir – Members work as a single unit of music that transcends the mechanics and “speaks” to the listener. Ringing bells requires the ability to know right from left and count up to 6, and enjoy cooperating as a team. Also, if you play any wind or brass or stringed instruments, Deborah Styles, Director of Music, can also give you information about opportunities to play at worship and special services.
Our 8:45 AM contemporary service called "SonRise" was established to provide members of our congregation, of all ages, and anyone from the community who wishes to join us, a Presbyterian based way to worship in a more contemporary setting.
Our 11:15 AM traditional service also includes a traditional order of worship in addition but not limited to:
- Chancel Choir – for anyone from junior high school through adults, this choir sings traditional anthems every Sunday at the 11:15 AM service and at special services. Rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 PM.
- Welcoming of New Members to the congregation
Children & Worship: Children are invited to come forward for the children's message (parents may accompany if needed) and then attend children's worship in the Christian Education building directly after. Please indicate to a children's worship leader if your child should accompany them or you may accompany your child to sign them in. A nursery is available during worship and Sunday School for children 5 years and younger, and these children are dismissed directly after the children's message. We encourage parents to prayerfully determine which worship service is appropriate for their child to get involved and learn about worship.
“Pew Pals” are prepared weekly and are available in the vestibules for children aged preschool – 5th grade. These special bags have books, activities, and liturgical items related to the Biblical message for the day that will also assist your child in learning to be in the worshiping community. Be sure to pick up a bag for your child and return it at the end of the service. The green bags are geared to ages 3-6, and the orange bags to ages 7-12.
Baby & Me Room is for all mothers who need a quiet location to nurse their child. Located in the New Horizons classroom near the gym, this room has rockers and comfortable pillows on the sofas. Please feel free to use this room before, during, and after worship.