Summerville Presbyterian Church would like to express a warm and cordial welcome to all who are interested in our church. We have many opportunities for individuals and families to get involved and grow. Through worship, song, fellowship, education and missions, Summerville Presbyterian Church inspires all to use their unique gifts to serve God. Our worship services and music programs help promote the spiritual growth of our membership and provide opportunities for our members to reach out to one another in God’s name through Word and song. Combined Worship Services includes aspects of all of our worship services in a combined service allowing all our congregation to worship together during the summer and periodically during the year. Our 8:45 AM traditional service includes a traditional order of worship as well as specialty music throughout the year. Specialty music may include:
- Children’s Choir – for grades Kindergarten through 5th grade. Children’s Choir performs a few times during the year at the 8:45 AM service and at Christmas and Easter.
- Jewel Tones – Our ladies’ choral ensemble generally sings about once a month.
- Bell Choir – Members work as a single unit of music that transcends the mechanics and “speaks” to the listener. Ringing bells requires the ability to know right from left and count up to 6, and enjoy cooperating as a team. Also, if you play any wind or brass or stringed instruments, Deborah Styles, Director of Music, can also give you information about opportunities to play at worship and special services.
- Chancel Choir – for anyone from junior high school through adults, this choir sings traditional anthems every Sunday at the 11:15 AM service and at special services. Rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 PM.
- Welcoming of New Members to the congregation